Are you unable to purchase items in the game?
If you click "confirm" on the purchase and see an endless, “Connecting to game” pop up, chances are that you have de-activated the Steam Overlay in the Steam settings.
To purchase items in the in-game store, the Steam Overlay must be activated.
To activate the Steam overlay follow these steps:
- Start the Steam-client
- Find the Steam menu in the top left corner of the Steam-client window.
- In the drop-down menu that appears, click Settings.
- In the window that appears there are several sections, select the section called "In-Game".
- In this section you will see a checkbox with the description “Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game.” Make sure this is ticked.
- Close the Settings window.
- Right click the game in your Steam Library and select Properties.
- An identical tick-box can be found here, make sure it is also ticked.
- Try to start the game and purchase again.